Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mom Jeans

So, I guess I hit this point...I hit the point of mom jeans.  No, I didn't get jeans that come up to my natural waist and taper at the ankle or have pleats. But mom jeans have changed.  The jeans I bought are not our mother's mom jeans.

Today's mom jeans come with some special tummy control panel.  And those are the ones I got.  They are a dark wash and a boot leg, and aside from the brand, probably couldn't be recognized as mom jeans.  But they are mom jeans.

The thing is, since having my daughter, I have not been able to lose the weight.  I am not back to where I would like to be, and I try not to beat myself up about that too much.  Even though "they" say that for a year after a baby is born it's "baby fat", but, after the first birthday, it's just fat.  So it's just fat now.  But, besides the fat, my body has changed too.  By losing the bit of weight that I have, I have managed to get my legs back to only one size larger than I was pre-pregnancy-maybe even back down to size.  My tummy on the other hand?  It's still 2-3 sizes bigger than pre-pregnancy size.  Even if I lose all the weight, I doubt very much if it will ever be the same.  Part of me is ok with that.  I would like to give my belly a chance to be HOT again, but that would require quite a bit more weight loss- which I hope to achieve, but...we'll get there when we get there.   And for now... here I am in mom jeans.  Jeans with a control panel.  But can I just say that I only paid $12 for them (FULL PRICE!) and they really and truly fit like a dream.  They do.  And only $12!  Should I be surprised that the jeans that fit came from a superstore, not a boutique?  For some reason, I'm not.  

I know it's probably not a rule, at all, but, I do have to say, I think if there is one argument for having babies young, like really young, it's that you'll be much more likely to be able to regain your body quickly.  I think your body just has a natural ability that we lose with age, no matter how healthy or active we are.  Almost all of the women I know who had babies before 25 got their body back almost immediately-and by that I mean they don't even look like they've had babies, at all.  Of course I know plenty of women who got their body back in shape after having a baby after 25, but, I don't think any of them did it as easily as those women who were under 25.  Of course, I missed that boat by a few years.  And then there is also the fact that throughout my life I was always the person easily gaining weight, not so much losing it. So whatever.  But hey... I have mom jeans with a tummy control panel.  Win/win?

Hey wait, I know what the win is!  I'm not wearing maternity pants anymore!!!!  Mom jeans for the win, FOR SURE!

Tell the truth... do you have mom jeans?

4 comments:

Dace said...

To be honest, I had to google what "mom jeans" was... No, never had those. Could be that I'm lucky (first of all having a child after 25 and regaining my prepregnancy weight a week after labour) but I had a different problem while being pregnant - I could not GAIN weight. No matter how much I ate, the weight was just there and even dropping. You think it's fun? Noooo, it's not... I almost felt like I have some eating disorder or something. Not fun at all. But as far as "mom jeans" go - I saw some really nice ones while googling the pictures and I'm sure yours look good as well. :)

Mook said...

Yeah, I need Mom jeans. My baby just turned 6 years old and I still have the post-birth belly :)) Where do I buy those jeans in LV???

Brenda B said...

Mine don't have a tummy control pannel (not that I don't need it)but the size alone i'm sure catgorize them as mom jeans.

I'd love to know where you got yours and what brand they are - I'd like to try them to see if they work for me. :)

Suzanne :-) said...

My big pants might be considered mom pants. I either have to wear my pants up high or suffer the consequences of the muffin top.